One of the best steps you can take to protect your business from a possible business lawsuit is to plan and protect yourself with our experienced lawyers.
As a business owner, one of your worst nightmares is probably facing a business lawsuit. You don’t have to toss and turn worrying about the potential for a business lawsuit someday. There are proactive measures you can take now to better prepare and protect yourself and your business. The reality is that most small businesses will have to deal with a business lawsuit of some sort sooner or later. Being informed and taking precautionary steps can go a long way to protecting your assets.
Here at Bennett Guthrie PLLC, we frequently deal with business lawsuits in the following areas:
- Employment law: Employment law is complicated and constantly changing. From failing to pay for overtime to dealing with disgruntled employees, it is better to have a lawyer on your side. That way, if you need clarification about employment law matters, you can simply call us and get the information you need.
- Intellectual property: A common issue in the business world is protecting your ideas or being accused of borrowing the ideas of others.
- Contracts management: Where there are businesses, there are contracts. Contracts can be written or oral, but we would always advise getting it in writing. When written contracts are breached, it is much easier to prove if needed.
- Electronically stored information: With the advent of online ordering and accounts, we are seeing more and more business lawsuits concerning security breaches with electronically stored information.
- Fraud: All businesses are at risk for potentially fraudulent activity, either from employees, business partners, or others.
Don’t wait for a business lawsuit to trouble you at your business in Lexington, North Carolina. Call us today to discuss your risks and potential protections.