Lawsuit defense involves developing a strong strategy.
When it comes to lawsuit defense, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all strategy. It takes time to understand the nature of the case and the claims being made and do research before being able to develop a lawsuit defense strategy. If you are involved in a lawsuit, you should act as promptly as possible so that a proper defense can be determined. At Bennett Guthrie PLLC, we provide a level of legal service that demonstrates our experience and strengths as the best legal service in the Winston-Salem, North Carolina area. There are many factors that go into setting a lawsuit defense strategy, including:
- Assess the settlement stated in the lawsuit
- Assess the nature of the claim and its validity
- Assess if a counteroffer would be prudent
- Assess the likely outcome of going to trial
- Assess potential arguments against the claim and investigate witnesses and experts who would be useful during negotiations or trial
- Assess whether a burden of proof could be met
- Assess other terms besides finances to include in a settlement negotiation
Of course, your case will get the personalized attention it deserves, since no two cases are alike. We provide lawsuit defense for a wide variety of clients, including international corporations, Fortune 500 companies, local companies, small businesses, investors, professionals, and individuals. If you have been served notice that you are being sued, we recommend reaching out to us as soon as possible. It can take time to develop a strong lawsuit defense strategy, and we want to be able to achieve the most favorable results possible for you. Call today to learn more.